When placing an order with Weave Fabrics you agree to our terms and conditions as set out below, please take the time to familiarise yourself prior to placing an order.
1.Orders and Payments
1.1 Payments for goods can only be processed via the website or by taking card payments over the phone (during office opening hours) or by paying by cheque. If paying by cheque you will need to contact us by telephone or email and goods will not be released until the cheque is cleared.
1.2 We will inform you by email if any products are unavailable and let you know when you can expect it to come back into stock.
1.3 Weave Fabrics reserves the right to withdraw any price offered on a fabric.
1.4 When you place your order you will receive an e-mail from us confirming receipt of your order. As we aim to begin processing your order immediately we are unable to accept cancellations on fabric lengths.
2.1 If you require an exact colour match on a fabric, then please ask for a ‘stock’ sample cutting so that you can be sure the fabric you order will be the best match possible. Variations can happen from batch to batch and certain tolerances are expected due to printing and manufacturing processes.
2.2 It is the customers responsibility for making sure they order the correct amount of fabric. Whilst we offer a guide, Weave Fabrics accepts no liability for incorrect fabric orders.
2.3 It is the customers responsibility to make sure that they purchase the correct level of fire retardancy on fabric purchases.
2.4 Natural fabrics (for example cottons and wools) often have natural characteristics which are intrinsic to natural fabrics, these are not faults within the fabric. Weave Fabrics cannot accept returns for such natural occurrences.
2.5 Weave Fabrics cannot guarantee that there will not be shrinkage in a fabric following purchase. Shrinking can occur after usage and washing and is not a fault. It is the customers responsibility to make allowances for this when purchasing fabrics, particularly for items which are not fixed upholstery. Anything up to 6% shrinkage can be considered normal.
2.6 All fabrics are subject to pile pressure and creasing to some degree. Pile pressure can look like discoloration and can misleadingly present as wear, but in reality it is the pile lying flat. Pile pressure is an inherent part of fabric and is not a fault. Frequent turning of cushions and good care of furniture will help to maintain the original appearance.
3.1 Weave Fabrics does not accept returns on cut fabrics, unless there is a fault. This is because once a piece of fabric is cut it becomes a tailor made, personalised item. In the event there is a fault, the fabric must be returned to us within 14 days of receipt. Please contact us by email or phone to initiate a return.
4.1 There is no delivery charge for sample orders.
4.2 All orders within the United Kingdom have a standard delivery charge.
4.3 For international deliveries please email for a quote.
5.1 To make a complaint about any of our products or services, please contact us via email or phone – email@example.com or 01477 537347. We aim to respond to all complaints within 14 days, but we will let you know if it will take longer.
5.2 Weave Fabrics Ltd cannot be held responsible for any work undertaken by external contractors engaged by the customer (e.g. upholsters, curtain makers). It is the customers responsibility to ensure external contractors understand the inherent nature and performance of specific fabrics. Weave Fabrics can only be held responsible for specific faults occurring to the fabric.
5.3 Weave Fabrics Ltd cannot be held responsible for any problems with fabrics where chemicals or agents have been used that have not been recommended by us.
6.1 Neither the content, images, logos or anything contained within this website may be reproduced, used or copied without prior written consent from Weave Fabrics Ltd.
1. Information we process. We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your payment details.
2. What we do with the information. The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you so that we can provide you with the following:
- To provide you with goods and services
- To process your payments
- To send you promotional emails and newsletters about Weave Fabrics
3. Third parties. Weave Fabrics will never share or sell your information to third parties.
4. Your rights. At any time you can contact us to find out what information we hold about you. If any of the information we hold is incorrect, you can let us know and we will make sure it is updated. You can let us know at any time if you would like to be removed from our database or from our emails about offers from Weave Fabrics.
5. Weave Fabrics Ltd have put in place appropriate measures to make sure that your information is stored safely and securely.
6. Cookies are small files placed on your computer to monitor website behavior. We use necessary cookies as they are required to ensure the full operation of our website. If you would like to opt out of using cookies you will need to go into the settings on your browser and turn cookies off, however doing so will likely make this website unusable. We also use anonymous cookies to track our customers use and behaviour via Google Analytics. You can opt-out of having your site activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google analytics opt out browser add on.
Our contact details
Name: Lucy Welsh
Address: Weave Fabrics, Croco Cottage, Off Selkirk Drive. Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 7DR
Phone Number: 01477 537347